Four Injured In Lagos Gas Explosion

Estimated read time 1 min read
Spread the love

Four people have been injured as gas exploded in Lagos in the early hours of today.

The incident happened at Ijaiye beside the Apostolic Church, Agege, where it was discovered that a shop stored with gas cylinders caught fire.


In a preliminary report by the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), it was discovered that one of the gas cylinders got exploded as a result of gas leakage and caught fire in the process.


The agency also confirmed that no lives were lost but noted that the four victims of the fire incident sustained various degrees of injuries second-degree burns as a result of the incident, and they are being attended to by the agency’s pre hospital care, alongside LASAMBUS


The agency disclosed that the inferno has been completely put out by the combined effort of LASEMA LRT, Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service, and a post-incident assessment was conducted by the agency’s LRT alongside LASG Fire.


Adding that the shop has been cordoned off to avert a secondary incident.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours