Entertainment
Jennifer Lopez Has Filed To Divorce Her Husband, Ben Affleck

Jennifer Lopez has filed for divorce from Ben Affleck, US media reported Tuesday, two years after the Hollywood power couple officially gave love a second chance by tying the knot.
The pair, who were nicknamed “Bennifer” when they first dated in the frenzied tabloid celebrity days of the early 2000s, had rekindled their relationship almost two decades later.
But Lopez on Tuesday filed divorce papers at a Los Angeles court, Hollywood trade outlet Variety and celebrity gossip website TMZ said.
A representative for Lopez declined to comment. Affleck’s publicist did not immediately respond to an AFP request for comment.
It was the fourth marriage for pop singer-turned-actress Lopez, 55, and the second for Oscar-winning movie star and director Affleck, 52.
The pair first met in 2002 on the set of the widely panned movie “Gigli.”
They became a media sensation as they started dating and announced their engagement.
But they postponed their planned 2003 nuptials, and announced their relationship was over in early 2004.
“Bennifer” set the internet alight again in 2021 when photos of them together again began circulating.
“It’s a beautiful love story that we got a second chance,” Lopez said in an interview around that time.
Lopez and Affleck announced their engagement in April 2022, and the A-list lovebirds wed in Las Vegas in July.
They made it official again the following month in a lavish ceremony at the “Good Will Hunting” star’s 87-acre (35-hectare) estate in the southeastern US state of Georgia.
Among the Hollywood types in attendance at the three-day affair were longtime Affleck pal Matt Damon and director Kevin Smith.
The couple reportedly bought a $60 million home together in Los Angeles last year.
But rumors of marital troubles emerged in the entertainment press and on social media earlier this year.
Fans noted that Lopez celebrated her 55th birthday without her husband last month, and TMZ said they had sold their joint home, with Affleck moving into a luxury bachelor pad.
People magazine said relations became strained because of their different approaches to celebrity.
“She likes to open her heart to her fans and to the world,” the magazine quoted an unnamed source saying.
“He is more introspective and private. This has been difficult day-to-day.”
Divorce papers listed the couple’s date of separation as April 26, 2024, according to TMZ, which said the pair are no longer on speaking terms.
Lopez was previously married to actor Ojani Noa, dancer Cris Judd and singer Marc Anthony, with whom she shares twins Max and Emme.
Affleck was married to actress Jennifer Garner and they are the parents of Violet, Seraphina, and Samuel.
AFP
Entertainment
Erling Haaland Makes Acting Debut In Animated Film
Erling Haaland will follow in the footsteps of David Beckham and Vinnie Jones by taking his first steps into the acting world, with the Norwegian striker set to make his film debut.
The Manchester City striker will voice a character described as ‘an animated version of himself’, in the upcoming animated film Viqueens.
This is according to the Hollywood Reporter, who say that the 25-year-old is playing a Viking called Haaland in the motion picture.
The adventure-comedy is directed and co-written by the award-winning Harald Zwart, the Norwegian director known for The Karate Kid and Agent Cody Banks.
‘As a Norwegian storyteller making a Viking adventure for a global audience, having Erling Haaland join feels incredibly exciting,’ said Zwart.
‘Erling has already become a kind of real-life Viking icon around the world – powerful, fearless and uniquely Norwegian.
‘Bringing him into this universe as himself gives the film an unexpected energy and authenticity that felt completely right for this story.’
Solveig Langeland, managing director of Sola Media, added: ‘Erling Haaland transcends sports – he’s a global cultural figure.
‘His involvement brings another exciting dimension to a film that already combines international adventure, humour, and emotional storytelling in a way we believe will resonate with audiences everywhere.’
He follows the likes of Beckham and Jones, who have already hit the cinema screens around the country.
Beckham made his silver screen debut in his pal Guy Ritchie’s King Arthur back in 2017 alongside film stars Charlie Hunnam and Eric Bana, playing hardened battleguard Trigger in the flick.
Meanwhile, Jones is known for portraying gangsters on screen, and as recently as 2024 played gamekeeper Geoff in Ritchie’s series The Gentlemen, featuring Theo James.
He famously also played Coach Dinklage in She’s the Man, and was The Juggernaut in X-Men: The Last Stand.
Haaland may need a while before he becomes the big actor that Jones has become, though, with plenty of years on the pitch still ahead of him.
The striker’s focus will currently be on winning the Premier League with Manchester City, as they look to hunt down Arsenal, who are two points ahead at the top, with two games to go.
Haaland will next be in action on Tuesday night as they travel to Bournemouth.
Entertainment
I Don’t Want To Die Because Of A Woman– Frank Edoho
Popular television host Frank Edoho has opened up about his deepest personal fear, saying he does not want to die because of emotional pain caused by a woman.
Edoho made the revelation during an interview on the YouTube channel Outside The Box, released on Saturday, where he reflected on male vulnerability, silent struggles and how he hopes to be remembered.
“I don’t want to go to the gates of heaven and they ask me what killed me and they say it’s a woman. Whether that woman be my daughter, my wife, my mother, I don’t want that. I don’t want that to be my way out of this portal,” he said.
The broadcaster, best known for hosting the Nigerian edition of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, said he hopes to leave the world having made a positive impact on others.
“I want to die with a smile on my face saying that all the people I met, I tried to put a smile on their face, and to have the only regret that I wish I did more good. Not that I wish I had more time, that’s all,” he said.
Frank Edoho also spoke about the pressures men face and the tendency to endure emotional pain without seeking help.
“The task of manhood is very daunting. Men don’t speak. Men go through a lot. Whatever a man is going through, he’s just silent. He doesn’t say it. He holds it to himself. And some of them go to the grave with it. Too many, actually,” he said.
He disclosed that he went through a difficult personal period for two years without telling anyone.
According to Edoho, his years in broadcasting taught him how to hide personal struggles while maintaining a calm appearance on air.
“For two years, there was a couple of years back I was in a very dark hole but nobody knew. I couldn’t call you guys. I just said, you know what, this is a journey I have to make on myself to reorganise myself. And I’m happy I did. But at the time, I thought that the walls were caving in,” he said.
“Broadcasting taught me how to have a poker face. No matter what you’re going through, when it’s time to go on air, ‘Hi, good evening, welcome, I hope you’re having a nice time’, the only reason you’re not there is that you’re dead. If you’re alive, it doesn’t matter what you’re going through, you have to be there doing just that.
Entertainment
World Cup: Shakira, Madonna, BTS To Headline First Final Half-Time Show
Madonna, Shakira and K-pop megastars BTS will headline a Super Bowl-style half-time show at the World Cup final on July 19 at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, FIFA said Thursday.
Coldplay’s Chris Martin is curating the show, which is a first for a football World Cup final but has raised concerns about how long half-time will be.
The biggest-ever World Cup, with 48 teams, kicks off on June 11 in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
FIFA president Gianni Infantino announced in March last year that there would be “the first-ever half-time show at a FIFA World Cup final”.
He did not say at the time who would be performing or how long the show would last.
“This will be a historic moment for the FIFA World Cup and a show befitting the biggest sporting event in the world,” he said on Instagram.
The move mirrors the show held during the final of the 2024 Copa America in Miami, when Colombian star Shakira performed at half-time at the Hard Rock Stadium.
There was also a half-time show at last year’s FIFA Club World Cup final, also at MetLife Stadium, which stretched the break in excess of the regulation 15 minutes.
Infantino added that FIFA also planned to “take over” New York’s Times Square on the final weekend of the World Cup.
The half-time extravaganza will support FIFA’s Global Citizen Education Fund, an initiative working to raise $100 million for children worldwide during the World Cup.
Shakira last week teased the new official song for the World Cup, releasing a brief video of the track filmed at Brazil’s iconic Maracana Stadium.
In the 67-second video, Shakira appears on the pitch at the Maracana in Rio de Janeiro, where she performed in a free concert at the city’s Copacabana Beach before two million people.
Holding the “Trionda”, the official match ball of the 2026 World Cup, Shakira performed excerpts of the song in English, joined by dancers dressed in the colors of teams including the United States and Colombia.
The song was produced with Nigerian artist Burna Boy and is set for official release on Thursday. The clip, also shared by the FIFA World Cup account, ends with the message: “We’re ready!”
Shakira has a long association with the World Cup, performing at the 2006 and 2014 World Cup finals in addition to producing “Waka Waka” for the 2010 tournament.
AFP
-
Health & Wellness9 months agoPresident Tinubu Directs Cut in Dialysis Cost from ₦50,000 to ₦12,000
-
News10 months agoPICTURE: In Lagos Couple Sentenced to 22½ Years for Cannabis Trafficking
-
Trending News9 months agoNELFUND Disburses ₦86bn To 449,000 Beneficiaries
-
Business2 months agoDangote Refinery Reduces Petrol Gantry Price To ₦1,200 Per Litre
-
International News2 months agoIndian Police Arrest Nigerian Over ₦290m Drug Haul
-
Business2 years agoHeritage Bank Customers’ Path to Securing ₦5m Insured Funds: A Step-By-Step Guide by NDIC”
-
Business2 months agoAfter Plea Bargain, Court Discharges Stella Oduah of ₦2.5bn Fraud
-
Business2 years ago
Dangote; We Did Not Fix ₦600/Litre Petrol Price
