Sports
41-Yr-Old Ronaldo Scores First Goal Of Season
Al Nassr faced Al Riyadh. Ronaldo came off the bench in the 62nd minute for his 2026-27 season debut and scored his first goal of the campaign.
The 41-year-old entered the match in the 62nd minute, marking his first appearance of the season.
In the 83rd minute, Ronaldo turned and finished from close range in the penalty area, extending Al Nassr’s lead to 4-0.
This was Ronaldo’s first goal of the season. With this strike, he has now scored in 25 consecutive seasons, bringing his career total to 977 goals.
Sports
Messi Fined For Undisclosed Amount For Slapping Opponent
According to MLS Disciplinary Committee official announcement, Inter Miami captain Lionel Messi has been fined for his confrontational conduct with an opponent during a match.
Official MLS Announcement
The MLS Disciplinary Committee has issued an undisclosed fine to Inter Miami forward Lionel Messi for violating the league’s policy regarding placing a hand on an opponent’s face/head/neck in and after the 101st minute of Inter Miami’s match against the Philadelphia Union on August 19. (End of announcement)
The incident mentioned in the announcement occurred near the center circle in the second half, away from the ball, when Messi and Philadelphia Union midfielder Quinn Sullivan became involved in a heated verbal exchange. Video footage showed Messi making a short swinging motion and striking Sullivan on the head, after which the referee intervened to separate the two players.
At the moment the physical contact occurred, referee Philipp Dujic had his back to the incident, so he did not show a yellow or red card at the time, and the game was allowed to continue without interruption.
The MLS Disciplinary Committee reviewed the relevant footage on Friday and ultimately decided to issue Messi an undisclosed fine rather than impose an additional suspension, meaning he remains eligible to play for Inter Miami in their upcoming matches.
Sports
Inter Sign Liverpool Midfielder Curtis Jones For €35M Total Fee
Inter Milan have confirmed the signing of Curtis Jones in a £30m (€35m) deal from Liverpool.
Sky Sports News understands a 10 per cent sell-on clause has been inserted in the deal.
The 25-year-old had entered the final year of his contract at Liverpool and his move to Italy brings an end to his 16-year association with the Reds, having joined the club at the age of nine.
After making his Liverpool first-team debut in the 2018/19 season, Jones appeared 228 times for the club, scoring 22 goals.
Jones is the third England international to move to Inter in this transfer window, after John Stones and Djed Spence also completed moves to join Cristian Chivu’s side.
During his time at Anfield, Jones won two Premier League titles, two Carabao Cups, the Club World Cup and the FA Cup – as well as finishing as a Champions League runner-up in 2022.
Sports
Joshua Fight Doesn’t Look Like It Will Happen – Fury
Tyson Fury says his fight with Anthony Joshua “doesn’t look like it’s going to happen” in a verbal tirade against his British rival and promoter Eddie Hearn posted on social media.
The pair had been expected to meet in November in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, but uncertainty over where the bout will take place has cast fresh doubt over the deal.
Joshua and his promoter Hearn have signed a contract for it to be staged in the United Kingdom, while Saudi organisers are pushing for a move to the United States.
“Doesn’t look like they’re going to sign the fight and it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen all because Eddie Hearn and that want more money,” Fury said in a series of Instagram stories.
Joshua and Fury have separate contracts with Saudi Arabian-owned Sela. New York’s Madison Square Garden is understood to be Sela’s preference so that the fight – which will broadcast on Netflix – can cater for American audiences.
On Thursday, Hearn told IFL TV that a list of changes required for the fight to take place in America had been sent to Sela.
Hearn says the main change concerns compensation for Joshua because of the different tax implications of fighting in America.
“In layman’s terms, by staging the fight in America, Anthony Joshua receives less money than he would do if the fight was in the UK where he was contractually agreed,” he said.
Fury responded by calling Joshua and Hearn “disgusting” and “money-thirsty”.
“It is what it is. Same old cliche a decade later. Keep running you little cowards,” he added.
In further posts containing expletives, Fury called Hearn a “bag carrier” and criticised Joshua’s mindset.
“I’ll move on and fight somebody else but just know you never had the guts to fight Tyson Fury, ever, you little coward,” Fury added.
-
Health & Wellness1 year agoPresident Tinubu Directs Cut in Dialysis Cost from ₦50,000 to ₦12,000
-
News1 year agoPICTURE: In Lagos Couple Sentenced to 22½ Years for Cannabis Trafficking
-
Trending News1 year agoNELFUND Disburses ₦86bn To 449,000 Beneficiaries
-
Business5 months agoDangote Refinery Reduces Petrol Gantry Price To ₦1,200 Per Litre
-
Business5 months agoAfter Plea Bargain, Court Discharges Stella Oduah of ₦2.5bn Fraud
-
International News5 months agoIndian Police Arrest Nigerian Over ₦290m Drug Haul
-
Business2 years agoHeritage Bank Customers’ Path to Securing ₦5m Insured Funds: A Step-By-Step Guide by NDIC”
-
Business2 years ago
Dangote; We Did Not Fix ₦600/Litre Petrol Price
