Sports
Inter Sign Liverpool Midfielder Curtis Jones For €35M Total Fee
Inter Milan have confirmed the signing of Curtis Jones in a £30m (€35m) deal from Liverpool.
Sky Sports News understands a 10 per cent sell-on clause has been inserted in the deal.
The 25-year-old had entered the final year of his contract at Liverpool and his move to Italy brings an end to his 16-year association with the Reds, having joined the club at the age of nine.
After making his Liverpool first-team debut in the 2018/19 season, Jones appeared 228 times for the club, scoring 22 goals.
Jones is the third England international to move to Inter in this transfer window, after John Stones and Djed Spence also completed moves to join Cristian Chivu’s side.
During his time at Anfield, Jones won two Premier League titles, two Carabao Cups, the Club World Cup and the FA Cup – as well as finishing as a Champions League runner-up in 2022.
Sports
Joshua Fight Doesn’t Look Like It Will Happen – Fury
Tyson Fury says his fight with Anthony Joshua “doesn’t look like it’s going to happen” in a verbal tirade against his British rival and promoter Eddie Hearn posted on social media.
The pair had been expected to meet in November in one of the biggest fights in British boxing history, but uncertainty over where the bout will take place has cast fresh doubt over the deal.
Joshua and his promoter Hearn have signed a contract for it to be staged in the United Kingdom, while Saudi organisers are pushing for a move to the United States.
“Doesn’t look like they’re going to sign the fight and it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen all because Eddie Hearn and that want more money,” Fury said in a series of Instagram stories.
Joshua and Fury have separate contracts with Saudi Arabian-owned Sela. New York’s Madison Square Garden is understood to be Sela’s preference so that the fight – which will broadcast on Netflix – can cater for American audiences.
On Thursday, Hearn told IFL TV that a list of changes required for the fight to take place in America had been sent to Sela.
Hearn says the main change concerns compensation for Joshua because of the different tax implications of fighting in America.
“In layman’s terms, by staging the fight in America, Anthony Joshua receives less money than he would do if the fight was in the UK where he was contractually agreed,” he said.
Fury responded by calling Joshua and Hearn “disgusting” and “money-thirsty”.
“It is what it is. Same old cliche a decade later. Keep running you little cowards,” he added.
In further posts containing expletives, Fury called Hearn a “bag carrier” and criticised Joshua’s mindset.
“I’ll move on and fight somebody else but just know you never had the guts to fight Tyson Fury, ever, you little coward,” Fury added.
Sports
Mourinho: I Did Not Request For Diomande
Real Madrid head coach Jose Mourinho has revealed the extent of his activity in Real Madrid’s summer transfer dealings, against
against suggestions he held the Real Madrid hierarchy to a strict list of transfer demands upon his return to the Santiago Bernabéu this summer.
Speaking candidly on El Chiringuito ahead of the 2026/27 La Liga campaign, the Portuguese tactician clarified his role in Real Madrid’s active summer transfer window, a period headlined by the staggering €140 million acquisition of 19-year-old Ivorian winger Yan Diomande from Leipzig.
While Mourinho’s return coincides with a serious injection of talent to dethrone reigning champions Barcelona, the “Special One” insisted the club’s sporting directors drove the recruitment independently.
Addressing the media regarding his level of control over the club’s summer transactions, Mourinho denied marching into the boardroom with an ultimatum.
“No, I didn’t ask for anyone. I came in without demanding a single player, having taken a good look at the squad and knowing exactly what I wanted to happen,” Mourinho stated.
He explained that while he had a distinct tactical vision, he allowed the club’s recruitment apparatus to present their targets first.
“I knew what was happening [at the club] and what wasn’t. I wanted to arrive knowing a lot, but acting as if I knew nothing. I knew what I wanted, but I wanted to hear what the club was thinking,” Mourinho added.
“And we were completely on the same wavelength. We’ve always moved in that direction; without me demanding anything, things just fell into place naturally.”
The crown jewel of Real Madrid’s summer business is undeniably Yan Diomande. Real Madrid pursued the teenager to inject more pace onto the flanks after he enjoyed a breathtaking 2025/26 campaign in Germany.
Playing for Leipzig, Diomande recorded 12 goals and 8 assists in 33 Bundesliga appearances, capturing the 2025/26 Rookie of the Season award before eventually shining in Ivory Coast colours at the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
When the club presented Diomande as an option, Mourinho admitted he had zero objections, captivated by the teenager’s physical and technical profile.
“Finding a wide player [like Diomande] who is quick, aggressive, and can play on both flanks isn’t easy; it’s incredibly tough,” Mourinho explained.
“Add to that the fact that he’s young, has room to develop, and has many years ahead of him at Real Madrid… when that opportunity came up, I didn’t want to get into whether he cost 120, 80, 40, or 20 [million].”
Mourinho made it clear that the finances were purely a boardroom matter. “I analyse the player’s profile and what he can bring to my team, and on that basis, I say, ‘Yes, I want him.’ Whether it’s 120 or 80… that’s out of my hands.”
Mourinho has been brought back to the Spanish capital with one primary objective: topple Hansi Flick’s Barcelona. The Catalan giants comfortably secured the last two LALIGA titles last season and recently strengthened their own ranks by signing 2024 Ballon d’Or winner Rodri.
With Diomande now integrated alongside the rest of Madrid’s star-studded dressing room, Mourinho believes the club has assembled the right weapons required to end Barcelona’s hegemony.
As Real Madrid prepare to open their new campaign against Espanyol this weekend, the pressure on both Mourinho and his €140 million winger will be immense.
Sports
EPL Kicks Off Today As Arsenal Hosts Newly Promoted Coventry.
The new Premier League season kicks off with Arsenal welcoming Coventry City to the Emirates Stadium later today.
The Gunners ended their 22-year wait for a Premier League title last season, and have started the new campaign with a statement 3-0 win over Manchester City in the Community Shield.
Coventry, meanwhile, stormed to the Championship title last season, but last won their first league match of a season back in 2021/22 (D2, L2).
The fact that Arsenal also have an all-time competition record 45-match unbeaten home run against newly promoted teams (W40, D5) underlines just how likely this is to be a historic season opener.
Arsenal begin their Premier League title defence as heavy favourites against new boys Coventry City at Emirates Stadium on Friday.
The Gunners have already started like they mean to go on, putting in a brilliant performance in the Community Shield last weekend as they thrashed Manchester City 3-0.
Arsenal are overwhelming favourites to go back-to-back, and the manner of their demolition of Manchester City in last weekend’s Community Shield solidified the suspicion that it’s going to take something very special to stop them.
Coventry, meanwhile, won last season’s Championship with 95 points, finishing 11 points ahead of second-placed Ipswich Town at the end of what was an excellent campaign.
However, they couldn’t have asked for a tougher start to the season as they return to the Premier League for the first time in 25 years, the longest-standing gap in the history of the Premier League.
Even Conventry, boss Frank Lampard has conceded that there is “no harder place to go” than Arsenal but says his side are relishing the opportunity to cause a seismic shock on the opening night of the new season.
Arsenal and Coventry have met each other once before on the opening matchday of a season, back in that aforementioned 1993-94 campaign. Mick Quinn scored a hat-trick as Coventry ran out 3-0 victors over the Gunners at Highbury.
Mikel Arteta lost his first managerial meeting with Frank Lampard in what was his first home game as Arsenal boss back in December 2019 (a 2-1 defeat to Chelsea).
Since then, Arteta is unbeaten in all five games against Lampard in all competitions, winning the last four (D1).
-
Health & Wellness1 year agoPresident Tinubu Directs Cut in Dialysis Cost from ₦50,000 to ₦12,000
-
News1 year agoPICTURE: In Lagos Couple Sentenced to 22½ Years for Cannabis Trafficking
-
Trending News1 year agoNELFUND Disburses ₦86bn To 449,000 Beneficiaries
-
Business5 months agoDangote Refinery Reduces Petrol Gantry Price To ₦1,200 Per Litre
-
Business5 months agoAfter Plea Bargain, Court Discharges Stella Oduah of ₦2.5bn Fraud
-
International News5 months agoIndian Police Arrest Nigerian Over ₦290m Drug Haul
-
Business2 years agoHeritage Bank Customers’ Path to Securing ₦5m Insured Funds: A Step-By-Step Guide by NDIC”
-
Business2 years ago
Dangote; We Did Not Fix ₦600/Litre Petrol Price
