News
41 Yr Old Herder Collapses As 42 Cows Die In Koroko, FCT
A 41-year-old herder, Musa Lawal, reportedly collapsed after 42 of his cows died in Koroko community, Kwali Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
The FCT Treasurer of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, Yahuza Ibrahim, confirmed the incident in a report on Thursday.
According to Ibrahim, the incident occurred on Tuesday at about 6:12pm when two of the herder’s sons took the cattle out to graze.
He said the animals were later found dead at different locations in the bush after grazing, raising suspicions that they may have consumed grass contaminated with chemicals.
“Immediately we received the report, I alerted the MACBAN chairman, who directed me to proceed to the scene. We discovered that 42 cows had died. We suspect they may have eaten grass that had been sprayed with chemicals,” he said.
Ibrahim said Lawal rushed to the scene after receiving news of the incident but collapsed after discovering that 42 of his cows had died.
He said the herder was immediately taken to the General Hospital in Kwali, where he was admitted before being discharged on Wednesday after recovering from the shock.
He added that the chairman of Kwali Area Council, Hon. Nuhu Daniel Kwali, accompanied by Fulani community leaders, visited the family to sympathise with them over the loss.
Confirming the incident, chairman of Kwali Area Council, Hon. Nuhu Daniel Kwali, said he received the report with shock and sadness.
The chairman said the council had directed the relevant security agencies, including the Department of State Services and other security operatives, to conduct a thorough investigation to determine the cause of the deaths.
He added that the council was also considering measures to support the affected herder to cushion the impact of the loss and prevent any possible breakdown of peace between farmers and herders in the area.
News
Atiku: I’ll Restore Subsidy If Elected In 2027
The African Democratic Congress (ADC) presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, has vowed to restore fuel subsidies if elected President in the 2027 general elections.
Atiku stated this during a Hausa-speaking interview on the PAP show on Wednesday, saying anyone who had stolen funds meant for fuel subsidy would be made to return the money if he assumes office.
Tinubu announced the end of petrol subsidy during his inauguration on May 29, 2023, describing the scheme as unsustainable.
On Wednesday the Federal Government said the removal of the petrol subsidy and the liberalisation of the naira have generated N15.8 trillion in savings for the federation between June 2023 and December 2025.
However, during the interview, the former Vice President said despite the removal of fuel subsidy, the Tinubu administration had failed to improve the lives of Nigerians.
Atiku acknowledged that he initially supported the removal but said developments since then had changed his position.
“I initially did not oppose the removal of the fuel subsidy. But now that it has been removed, where is the money?” Atiku said.
The presidential candidate pledged to reverse the policy if he defeats Tinubu in the January 2027 presidential election.
He added, “If I win the presidential election, I will restore the subsidy. And anyone who stole Nigeria’s subsidy funds must return the money. Now it has been removed. Where is the money? If the funds were used to improve healthcare, education, insecurity, security and youth empowerment, things would have been better.”
Atiku also questioned the N15 trillion the Tinubu administration said it had saved, arguing injustice and corruption among political leaders were the main reasons Nigerians are suffering.
He said in the past, those who stole public funds were forced to return their loots.
News
2027: PFN Leader Wants Youths To Emulate Davido’s Role In Osun Poll
As campaigns for the 2027 general elections commence, former National Security Director of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, PFN, Apostle Eugene Ogu, has urged Nigerian youths to emulate the civic engagement demonstrated by Afrobeat music star, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, during the recent Osun State governorship election.
Ogu, who spoke in Port Harcourt on Wednesday while reflecting on the August 15 election, expressed concern over possible victimisation of Davido because of his outspoken support for his uncle, Governor Ademola Adeleke, who won the poll.
He commended the musician for what he described as courage and active participation in the electoral process, urging relevant authorities and Nigerians to ensure his safety.
The cleric also questioned reports that prominent Nigerians, including Senate President Godswill Akpabio and businessman Aliko Dangote, had contacted Davido during the election and urged him to pull down a social media post.
Ogu said calls from individuals of such stature could have far-reaching implications, urging Nigerians and the international community to scrutinise the circumstances surrounding the alleged contacts and Dangote’s reported connection with the Osun election.
He said the participation of Osun voters and the role played by Davido demonstrated that Nigerians could resist attempts to manipulate elections.
According to him, the development offered hope ahead of the 2027 general elections, but he warned against any action that could threaten Davido or other celebrities who might become prominent voices in the electoral process.
Ogu also decried the worsening economic hardship in the country, comparing the situation to the biblical Samaria, where severe hunger led to desperate acts.
He alleged that economic hardship had pushed some young Nigerians into kidnapping, banditry and armed robbery, while forcing some women into prostitution as a means of survival.
The cleric further expressed concern over alleged sexual exploitation in tertiary institutions and the increasing cases of suicide, which he attributed to economic difficulties and inability to meet family responsibilities.
He urged Nigerian youths to participate actively in the 2027 elections by voting, protecting their ballots and following the collation process until the final results are announced.
“It was so embarrassing to see the Senate President, who is supposed to be the custodian of the law, with about 19 APC governors and political thugs invade Osun with billions to pervert the election result against the electoral law.
“But they were frustrated by the resilience of Osun people and Davido. They are my heroes,” he said.
Ogu also condemned what he described as the use of food items and monetary inducements to influence voters, saying the practice had contributed to the deterioration of living conditions in the country.
He urged Nigerians to learn from the Osun election and reject attempts to manipulate the electoral process in 2027.
The PFN leader further cautioned Nigerians against allowing religious and ethnic sentiments to determine their voting decisions, urging them to support candidates based on competence and integrity.
News
2027: Lagos APC Declares Readiness For Tinubu’s Re-election Campaign
The Lagos State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has declared its readiness to mobilise voters across the state for the party’s 2027 presidential campaign, with President Bola Tinubu as its candidate.
The party said its structures across the state had been energised and would take the message of the Renewed Hope Agenda to every ward, community and polling unit.
Lagos APC Chairman, Pastor Cornelius Ojelabi, who spoke on Wednesday, said the commencement of the presidential campaign marked the beginning of intensified mobilisation to consolidate the party’s gains, strengthen the Renewed Hope mandate and secure victory in 2027.
“As the APC commenced the 2027 presidential election campaign, Lagos stands ready and well equipped for the task of providing the necessary grassroots mobilisation and electoral strength for the victory of the party in the elections,” he said.
Ojelabi said the party had sustained ward-level meetings and stakeholder engagements across the state’s 20 Local Government Areas and 37 Local Council Development Areas.
He added that women’s organisations, youth groups, market associations, community leaders, artisans and other critical stakeholders had also been actively engaged to ensure broad-based participation.
The party chairman said Lagos residents would readily identify with the APC because of what he described as visible projects delivered by the state government.
“In Lagos, the party will have no problem moving along with the people as the evidence of development is visible and measurable.
“From the operational Lagos Blue Line and Red Line rail projects to continued road construction and rehabilitation, urban renewal, human capital development and other people-friendly programmes, the state has continued to witness significant investment and visible progress,” he said.
Ojelabi also highlighted what the party described as reforms and investments undertaken by the Tinubu administration at the federal level.
“President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope administration has pursued bold economic reforms aimed at repositioning Nigeria’s economy and addressing long-standing structural challenges,” he said.
He listed the removal of fuel subsidy, foreign exchange reforms and fiscal restructuring, alongside investments in infrastructure, transportation, education, healthcare, agriculture and social development.
The Lagos APC chairman also cited major road projects, including the 1,068km Superhighway, 750km Lagos-Calabar Coastal Road, 114.5km Ibadan-Ijebu-Ode Road, 465km Calabar-Abuja Superhighway, 700km Akwanga-Jos-Bauchi-Gombe-Biu-Maiduguri Superhighway and the 275km Sokoto-Gusau-Funtua-Zaria Road.
According to him, the Federal Government is also pursuing policies aimed at attracting investment, strengthening Nigeria’s global economic standing and creating an enabling environment for businesses to grow and create jobs.
He said the 2027 presidential election would provide an opportunity for the APC to present its achievements to Nigerians and make a case for continuity.
“For Lagos APC, the task is straightforward: take the message to the people. Every ward, every Local Government Area, every community and every polling unit will be engaged.
“The party will communicate the record, explain the policies and highlight the impact of APC-led governance at both state and federal levels.
“The objective is not merely to campaign, but to connect governance with the people and translate political organisation into electoral strength,” Ojelabi said.
He urged party members to remain committed to the mobilisation drive, saying the Lagos APC had the structure and experience required to deliver victory for the party.
“With a strong grassroots structure, experienced leadership and a clear record of governance achievements, Lagos APC is fully prepared for the task ahead.
“The structure is standing, the campaign has begun, the mobilisation has begun, the engagement has begun. The journey to victory has begun,” he said.
-
Health & Wellness1 year agoPresident Tinubu Directs Cut in Dialysis Cost from ₦50,000 to ₦12,000
-
News1 year agoPICTURE: In Lagos Couple Sentenced to 22½ Years for Cannabis Trafficking
-
Trending News1 year agoNELFUND Disburses ₦86bn To 449,000 Beneficiaries
-
Business5 months agoDangote Refinery Reduces Petrol Gantry Price To ₦1,200 Per Litre
-
Business5 months agoAfter Plea Bargain, Court Discharges Stella Oduah of ₦2.5bn Fraud
-
International News5 months agoIndian Police Arrest Nigerian Over ₦290m Drug Haul
-
Business2 years agoHeritage Bank Customers’ Path to Securing ₦5m Insured Funds: A Step-By-Step Guide by NDIC”
-
Business2 years ago
Dangote; We Did Not Fix ₦600/Litre Petrol Price
